Student Research Grant, Spring 2017
The Student Research Grant (SRG) may fund travel and lodging to conduct research in the field (includes artistic projects like photography or dance), the cost of research materials, and/or travel/lodging and conference fees for conferences at which the applicant is making a presentation. Students may receive up to $500 per academic year (from summer to spring). Grants may be used to fund activity in the current semester, the next semester or one semester retroactively.
- Software not available in UNM computer pods or to which the student does not have free access.
- Airfare, registration, hotel, shuttle fees, taxi fares, presentation materials and per diem in accordance with UNM policy. Travel must be outside of Albuquerque. Current policy and mileage rates can be found in the University Business Policies and Procedures Manual, Policy 4030.
- Supplies, consumables and printing costs necessary for development and dissemination of research and not readily supplied by the applicant’s department.
- Salaries or tuition.
- Organization fees or conference social functions.
- Travel, room or board for any event whose purpose is not the development or dissemination of student's research
The following application materials are required:
- A 700 word, anonymous proposal addressing all the points on the SRG/PDG scoresheet. You may use the attached proposal template or create your own. Proposals must be in Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced, and use 1” margins. Please do not include your name in the proposal. Applications that do not follow this format or include your name will be disqualified. Upon completion, all applications must be saved as a PDF and uploaded to the GPSA Grants website along with the other application materials. File names should not include any identifying information.
- A specific, line item budget that indicates all sources of funding for the project. You may use the attached budget template file or create your own. Please do not include your name in the budget. Remember to indicate all sources of funding you have pursued, even if you have not been awarded the money. If you wish to include further budget details, you may use an additional 300 words to describe your budget items.
Note: Please do save receipts of your travel, in case you are awarded, you will be requested to submit the receipts to the Grants Chair in order to process the money. The award money will not be credited if the student fails to submit the receipts with in the specified time.
Understanding the scoresheet used to evaluate grants is crucial to writing an effective proposal. Readers will score your grant based on this rubric, so touching all the points of the scoresheet will increase your changes of receiving funding. Many funding decisions usually come down to the difference between a few points.