New Mexico Research Grant (General Priority), Fall 2018
The New Mexico Research Grant (NMRG) is designed to assist with larger projects that require substantial funding. It was originally created to encourage UNM students to work on research with state agencies that directly benefit the state of New Mexico. The NMRG may fund travel, lodging, supplies, and other costs related to field research for larger or longer-term projects than the Student Research Grant. Projects with a New Mexico state agency, non-profit, community-based organization that directly benefits New Mexicans are eligible for up to $5,000 (High Priority). Other research projects that do not involve collaboration with another entity are eligible for up to $3,000 (General Priority).
Application materials include the following. Do not include your name on any of these materials.
- A 700 word proposal
- A line item budget
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member with the applicant's name censored (black out a copy to scan, but keep the original)
Eligible Research Expenses
- Permanent equipment not available from the applicant(s)’ UNM Department, or not otherwise available for use by the applicant(s).
- Computer software not available at CIRT or at the applicant(s)’ UNM Department, or not otherwise available for use by the applicant(s).
- Room, board, and travel expenses to and from research facilities or field sites outside of Albuquerque.
- Supplies and consumables necessary for the research project and not readily supplied by the applicant(s)’ UNM Department or not otherwise available for use by the applicant(s).
- Transcription expenses.
- Research projects commenced within the fiscal year, July 1 through June 30.
Ineligible Research Expenses
- Salaries or stipends.
- Travel expenses or other fees associated with a conference.
- Travel, room and board expenses for workshops or clinicals.
- The purchase of computers.
- Tuition and supplies/books for classes.
- Any publication or subscription costs.