Student Research Grant, Fall 2019
The Student Research Grant (SRG) may fund travel and lodging to conduct research in the field (includes artistic projects like photography or dance), the cost of research materials, and/or travel/lodging and conference fees for conferences at which the applicant is making a presentation. Students may receive up to $500 per academic year (Summer 2019-Fall 2019-Spring 2020). Student Research Grants may be used to fund an activity that occurs in the current semester, will happen in the next semester or has already tken place a semester ago semester (retroactively).
- Software not available in UNM computer pods or to which the student does not have free access.
- Airfare, registration, hotel, shuttle fees, taxi fares, presentation materials and per diem in accordance with UNM policy. Travel must be outside of Albuquerque. Current policy and mileage rates can be found in the University Business Policies and Procedures Manual, Policy 4030.
- Supplies, consumables and printing costs necessary for development and dissemination of research and not readily supplied by the applicant’s department.
- Salaries or tuition.
- Organization fees or conference social functions.
- Travel, room or board for any event whose purpose is not the development or dissemination of student's research
- Must be a graduate student enrolled in a degree-seeking program at UNM who has paid the GPSA fee
- One application requesting funds for one event per semester
- If awarded partial funds in one cycle, can re-apply in the next cycle only for the remaining amount. For eg., if an applicant is awarded $350 during the Summer cycle, the applicant can apply during Fall or Spring only for $150.
- Submission of required application materials - anonymous proposal AND budget
The following application materials are required:
- A 750 word, anonymous proposal. Proposals must be in Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced, and use 1” margins. Please do not include your name in the proposal. Applications that do not follow this format or include your name will be disqualified. Upon completion, all applications must be saved as a PDF and uploaded to the GPSA Grants website along with the other application materials. File names should not include any identifying information.
- A specific, line item budget that indicates all sources of funding for the project. You must use the attached budget template. Please do not include your name in the budget. Remember to indicate all sources of funding you have pursued, even if you have not been awarded the money. If you wish to include further budget details, you may use an additional 300 words to describe your budget items.
Understanding the scoresheet used to evaluate grants is crucial to writing an effective proposal. Readers will score your grant based on this rubric, so touching all the points of the scoresheet will increase your changes of receiving funding. Many funding decisions usually come down to the difference between a few points.